PbP Start Date: 11/22/2009
MT Session Date: 11/21/2009
Adventure Date: First-day, Tarsakh (The Claw of Storms) 11, 1479 DR
Base Location: Town of Loudwater
Adventure Module: Lady of Shadows
Session Number: 3.1
- PCs level up to 3
- X-Codes will be introducing his new PC “Gavin of Waterdeep, male half-elf paladin (Defender), Level 3”
- Need to build a token
- Samuelryn wanted to create an Eladrin Wizard, however I have yet to see a Character Sheet
- Character sheet built with DDI, before game
- Introducing “Companion Characters” for this adventure
- Player’s will control NPCs during combat encounters. DM will RP NPCs.
- NPCs get a share of XP, but not Loot.
- Every player will have an opportunity to play a companion character if they want.
- Need to finish Zark Companion Character.
- CFP shows interest in the dragons lair.
Two members leave the CFP, and two more sign up. Iris left without any farewell, apparently returning to her homeland of the Moonshae Islands. However, a mysterious eladrin by the name of Erevan joins the adventuring party. Erevan tells the CFP that another dragon remains and has a lair in the high reaches of the Graypeak Mountains. The dragon has also allied with a local orc tribe for added protection.
Amagar squabbles with the remaining members of the CFP over differences on the direction the party should take. The CFP head down river to investigate another kidnapping and Amagar stays behind. The kidnapper’s trail is cold and when the CFP return Amagar is no where to be found. Needing steel, the CFP approach a Paladin of Amaunator, Gavin of Waterdeep, and ask him to join the CFP. Gavin, seeing the nobleness of the CFP accepts.
Callaof Loudwater General approaches the CFP, asking for their help… “For a few tendays now, a tiefling named Narrows has shown up in my store and told me that if I don’t accept the ‘protection’ of the Lady of Shadows, something bad could happen, like my shop being burned down or my knees being broken. I haven’t buckled under his threats, but I’m afraid what might happen if I don’t. Raumandar, my stock boy, is a capable enough fighter, but he might not be able to protect me or the store all the time.”
Calla believes that Narrows will return this night and offers the CFP 500 gold dragons for their help in protecting her store and taking down the Lady’s Gang. The CFP head to Loudwater General to build fortifications and plan a strategy for defending the store. Gweena and Gavin head to the Loudwater Patrol to request a guard unit to patrol the main street in front of the store. Captain Harrowleaf seems unaware of the extent of the Lady’s Gang, but he provides the CFP with three patrolmen none the less.
With the fortifications in place, Narrows does in fact show during Moondark with the Lady’s Gang. The CFP defeat the gang, however Narrows escaped during the battle. The remaining two gang members surrender and have yet to be questioned.
Welcome to Lady of Shadows, Session 3.1
Closing Location Details
Nation: Gray Vale
Town/Area: Town of Loudwater area 6
Building/Level: Loudwater General
Module Location Number: I1. Burn, Baby Burn!
Weather Condition: Temp. 46/35 F, Partly cloudy, Heavy Rain, Wind 8
Other Information: Two of the Lady’s Gang remain alive after the battle, a human outlaw and a elven archer. Narrows made his escape during the battle.
Last Major Events
- CFP Accept Calla’s Plea for help
- Lady of Shadows is extracting “protection” money from the shop owners of Loudwater.
- Encounter Burn, Baby Burn!
- Total XP 1,402/9=155 XP each. **Loot Found: 2 emeralds (worth 100 gp ea.), 25 GP, Rebounding Longbow +2, 5 alchemist’s fire arrows (20 gp ea), 10 alchemist’s fire (20 gp ea.)